Friday 13 September 2013

Going, going,

gone.

I sold the Old Bat's car yesterday afternoon.  Our local garage owner, Well, he's not exactly the most local garage owner as there are two garages nearer to us than his, but both the OB and I have been using his garage for more years than I care to remember.  Anyway, he showed interest in taking the car when I was talking to him last week so I took it down to him.

Negotiating a deal has never been one of my strengths, the more so when I am selling and therefore have to set the bar at what I consider to be the apprpriate height.  Barry asked me how much I wanted and I hummed and haaed a bit intil I had a brainwave.

"Give me what Glass's Guide shows as the trade price."

He took me up on the deal, but the price was lower than I expected.  All the same, the Old Bat was happy enough with the cheque.  What does rile me is that the insurance company deduct a £40 fee from the refund of the premium.

~~~~~

As I remarked only a couple of days ago, time goes by faster and faster as one ages.  It really doesn't seem as long as two years since I took this photo, but it is two years and a day since we were in le Puy en Velay, France.


No comments: