Thursday 28 July 2011

With age comes... ?

I'm old enough to know better. I really am, and yet I fall into the same trap time after time after time. I'm closer to 70 years of age than 60 and should by now have gained just a smidgen of wisdom if not a basinful of common sense. But it seems as though I am still in the early teenager stage. Every now and then I have (or suffer) a brainstorm. Well, that's OK, I don't mind the occasional idea even if it does entail me spending an inordinate amount of time producing something of very little benefit to me or anybody else. It keeps me amused and out of the clutches of the Household Manager.

As I say, the occasional idea is just fine by me - but why oh why do the ideas have to come one behind the other as if they were No 23 buses?

Come to think of it, I have never seen No 23 buses one behind the other. In fact, I've only recently realised that there is a service 23. Perhaps I should have compared the ideas to the No 5B bus which often comes in twos or even threes. But whether the bus is the 23 or the 5B, those ideas come along one behind the other. That in itself wouldn't be so bad, but my scattergun approach means that as soon as the second idea is anything more than a grain of dust in the air, I have to take it on board and start dealing with it. That is where the trouble comes in as I have never ever finished the first idea before I start work on the second, and then the third, and maybe even the fourth.

I discovered a little while back that Lions Clubs International now have a facility for Districts to host web sites with LCI similar to one that has existed for clubs for some time. As district webmaster I decided to register, only to find that one of our Vice District Governors already had. Anyway, he sent me the log in details last week so I decided to start experimenting. Then I had the idea that I really needed, as a matter of some urgency, to re-sort and re-title my digital photographs. I think there are about 9,000 of them but they don't all need attention. Then I decided to add a calendar to Brighton Lions web site, and the video on that site could o with updating, and then something else really couldn't wait...

As I said at the beginning, I really am old enough to know better. But what the heck, it's fun!

1 comment:

#1Nana said...

Good for you. I can usually get one idea started, but have a hard time finishing up with just the one!