Wednesday 19 January 2011

I wonder...

...if the weather will play havoc once again with my travel plans. We are supposed to be going across the Channel (or under it) next week for the first time since last September. Our planned trip just before Christmas had to be cancelled when we were snowed in. At one time the weather people were forecasting more snow for the end of this month although I haven't heard that said for a few weeks. I do hope this morning's sharp frost is not a foretaste of worse. The wind has gone into the north (either backed or veered - I can never remember the difference) and I hope it doesn't go any further to the east. That probably would bring either bad weather or low temperatures with clear, bright skies - like this morning.



...why we write these blogs. Do we really imagine that there are thousands of people out there hanging on our every word? Is it that we are all frustrated wannabe authors who either can't actually write a book or, having written one, are unable to find a publisher interested in taking it?



...if every Lion who writes a blog placed a Lions' logo in the sidebar with a link to the Oak Brook site, would that make much difference to the profile of the organisation to which I am so pleased to belong? (As an aside, yes, I know that it's not me but the club to which I belong that is part of the International Association of Lions Clubs.) In this country, Lions are often called the best-kept secret since World War II or suchlike. We could certainly do with having our profile raised.



...why it is that some days it can take an hour or more for me to boot up the computer when on others the dratted thing fires up instantaneously (well, almost). Then I get a message saying that something or other in my browser has stopped working. It's just so damned frustrating!



...if every sentence that starts "I wonder" should end with a question mark?

3 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Do you want all of the thousands of us to answer? Or, should we pick one persons?

Brighton Pensioner said...

That rather depends.

Suldog said...

"Do we really imagine that there are thousands of people out there hanging on our every word?"

You mean... there AREN'T? I'm going to go hang myself.