Saturday 14 March 2009

The last film I saw was...

I just happened to glance at the back page of one of the sections of today's newspaper and for some reason my eye was drawn to one of those gossipy pieces that I rarely, if ever, read. You know the sort of thing I mean, where a so-called celebrity answers stock questions like 'What is your favourite shoe shop?' In this case, I noticed that the last film today's celebrity had seen was Slumdog Millionaire. If I were to be asked that question, I would have to answer, 'The Ipcress File'. There has been so little on television lately that the good lady and I have been reduced to watching films on DVDs given away with the weekend papers. So we have watched Cabaret, The Fourth Protocol, Dr Zhivago, A Taste of Honey, Brighton Rock and others I can't remember. Nor can I remember the last time I went to the cinema. I think I might have seen The Sound of Music. Just shows how long ago it must have been.

1 comment:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I can't remember the last time I went either. I only know that the theater is now a convenience store and gas station.