Wednesday 9 November 2016

I need a new excuse

I know very well that posting on a daily basis is not compulsory, but I do sometimes feel just a little niggled if I have failed to find something to write. But when in doubt, just shut up.

Not that I have ever bothered to heed those very wise words. All too often I have spoken out and wished later that I had kept shtum.

Anyway, it's all over. Or almost. I don't think I have commented on the seismic events that have been taking place t'other side o' pond. I'm simply glad that I didn't have a dog in that fight and my thoughts were along the lines of 'may the worst man lose'. I most assuredly would not have wanted to choose between them.

In hindsight, what we should have done was offer to transfer one of our upright and honest citizens on a loan basis. I'm sure Tony Blair would have jumped at the chance, but perhaps Boris might have been better.

Oh well. as the good book (or somebody) says, sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

2 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

What mad it seismic is the attitude taken by so many, including the candidates, that it is an all or nothing situation.
The polarization is just plain sick.
What's worse is how some of those who sided with the loser feel because their leaders convince them they'll be persecuted... even prosecuted.
It doesn't help, either, when they refer to the winning political party as the party of hate.
That's not to say there aren't haters, but they only create more animosity by painting with a broad brush.

Jenny Woolf said...

I could have chosen, just because the President has their nuclear codes. Simple but effective reason.