Tuesday 13 January 2015

Recipes

I will probably live to regret it, but I'm ashamed to say I have fallen for a chain email!  It read as follows:
We are participating in a collective, constructive, and hopefully tasty experiment - a recipe exchange. We hope you will participate. We have picked those we think would make this fun and easy.

Please send a recipe to the person whose name is in position 1 (even if you don't know her/him) and it should be something quick, easy and without rare ingredients. Actually, the best one is the one you know off the top of your head, and can type right now. Don't agonize over it, it should be a recipe that you make when you are short of time. You can even send a web link if easier.

After you've sent the recipe to the person in position 1 below (and only to that person), copy this letter into a new email, move my name to position 1 and put your name in position 2. Only my and your name should show when you send your email. Send to yourself and BCC 20 friends (blind copy).

Once complete, you should receive 36 recipes. It's fun to see where they come from! Seldom does anyone drop out because we all need new ideas, and the turnaround is fast as there are only 2 names on the list - and you only have to do it once.
There followed the email address of Madge, a lady in Scotland, and the sender.

Frankly, I think the sender must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel in inviting me to take part in this experiment.  Me - who has trouble boiling eggs!  Anyway, I sent off a recipe of sorts to Madge.  But my arithmetic is letting me down - or maybe it's the originator's arithmetic that's wonky.  How do I end up with 36 recipes?  I send the email to 20 people, each of whom moves my name to position 1 before sending on to 20 people each.  That's 400 people from whom I am to expect recipes!

Like I said, I think I might live to regret this.

Oh, if you would like to copy that email and add my address in position 1, well, don't bother, thank you very much.  I don't need any recipes - I married a cook!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I make it 400 too - so I guess we'll all be round to you for tea then?

Brighton Pensioner said...

I did think of sending the email to you but decided you probably don't need any recipes, let alone 400. But it's round to you for tea; after all, you can bake cakes!