Tuesday 28 October 2014

Get a life!

I rather think I should act on my own advice and get a life.  I spend far too long either gazing out of the bedroom window, watching the birds on our neighbour's feeder or simply observing the shadows cast over the fields as clouds pass across the sun.  And every day I seem to find another blog to follow.  It's getting to the point of there being no time left for the things that really matter.  But the I remember those lines by William Henry Davies:
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
Talking of staring at sheep, it's the time of year when our local farmer brings in hundreds of the critters.  I have yet to determine if he simply lets out some of his fields or if he buys in the sheep, but if he were to install floodlighting in this field, it could solve a lot of people's insomnia.  Just enlarge the picture taken from the bedroom this morning and try counting them!


1 comment:

The Broad said...

Beautiful photo, BP. You seem to me to be a very busy fellow, doing many meaningful and lovely things.