Thursday 21 March 2013

Bored? If only I had the time!

I know full well that I really have nothing to complain about in at least one area of my life.  I seldom find the time to be bored - and that is what I'm moaning about today.  My life is, to put it simply, too full.  Before I retired I had a vision of a life that would be full, yes, but a life in which I would be able to find the time to do both the things I would like to do and the things which I ought to do.  Granted, there have been weeks - many of them - when life has trundled along much as I had anticipated.  But then come the weeks when it seems as though all hell has been let loose.  This week is a case in point.  There are so many things I want to do and, at the same time, there are so many things I ought to do (but don't necessarily want to do) and yet life has conspired to leave little time for either.  And most of the things that I have managed to cram into a packed week have been pleasant:  lunch with friends on Monday was great - both the company and the food; Tuesday was my turn to do the stroke club transport and in between dropping off the passengers and picking them up again I had to visit the practice nurses for blood to be taken for testing then there was a shopping trip in the afternoon; yesterday there were two Lions meetings in the evening, the first at the horribly early hour of 7.00pm which rather cramped the afternoon; this afternoon our old friends Chris and Mrs Chris are coming round and then the Old Bat and I are going out for dinner; tomorrow I might be called upon to drive the Old Bat for her hyperbaric oxygen treatment and we will be eating early again as my younger son and granddaughter will be eating with us.  Throw in walking the dog and the usual household chores and there is certainly no time this week to worry about what to do next.

~~~~~

I mentioned the Carmargue in yesterday's post.  Not only did we see the white horses, the black bulls and the flamingos on our visit, I also managed to take my best ever picture of sunflowers.  I have had a small section of this picture printed on canvas and it hangs on the kitchen wall.


1 comment:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Funny how that happens.
A life of leisure perceived is a who lot different than the reality.