Monday 11 February 2013

Weather update

So there was a little sun last week hereabouts - enough, as I have already mentioned, to bring the first crocuses into bloo.  That was on Friday.  Sadly, since then the weather has been dreary.  Indeed, it was so wet yesterday that I decided one walk was enough as I could see absolutley no point in both the dog and me getting soaking wet.  This morning when I drew back the curtains it was more of the same - except is wasn't raining at that particular moment.  On my return from the shower room I glanced out of the window again to see white stuff coming down.  Just over an hour later, as I took the dog out, it was still snowing and the snow was beginning to settle.  I know what we have here on the south coast of England is but a flea bite compared to the elephant's kick they are getting on the east coast of America, but we could still do without it, thank you very much.  Thankfully, it has now turned more to sleet.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, our own particular scandals have provided a fair amount of material for the weekend papers.  There is the ongoing trial of the ex-wife of an ex-Cabinet minister and ex-MP who persuaded said wife to say she was driving his car when he was caught by a speed camera.  The NHS is also hit by scandals in a number of hospitals where patient care has been, frankly, callous.  And there are still many questions about the 100% beef meals which have been 100% horse.

~~~~~

I was thinking I could do with some cheerful music when I chanced on Buck's post.  Peggy Lee is now telling me I'm Mr Wonderful.  Good job somebody thinks that.

~~~~~

On one of last week's sunney afternoons I took the dog for a walk in Stanmer Great Wood where the bluebells are pushing through the dying beech leaves.  It's nice to think spring might be coming.  This winter seems much longer than it should be.


3 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I found it ironic that only a week ago Punxsutawney Phil gave evidence that winter is all but over.

Brighton Pensioner said...

Ironic indeed.

Buck said...

Thanks for the link, Kind Sir!