Saturday 22 September 2012

Two more

You may or may not know that I am something of a family history nut.  In other words, I am tracing my family tree.  I spend a little time on it most days and, indeed, have done every day this week.  Although I have long had a very large database of ancestors, there are still plenty of them to trace.  I had already found a good many relatives who had been killed in action during World War I, usually at sea as many of them were fishermen recruited into the Navy, but this week I have come across another two cousins, both of whom were in the army and were killed in the trenches on the western front, one aged just 19, the other in his 20s.  I find it very sobering to contemplate.

~~~~~

There is a beautiful blue sky over the Downs this morning but at 8.00am there was a distinct nip in the air and for a week or so now I've noticed an autumnal feel when I've let the dog out last thing in the evening.


No comments: