Monday 3 September 2012

A funny old day

I'm absolutely certain that the weather girl on the television late last night promised us a sunny day but so far - it's just coming up to 10.00 - there's no sign of that golden orb.  Just grungy low cloud with a hint of dampness.  And I have a nasty feeling that weather thingy over on the right has changed as well.  Oh well.

I thought when I got up that this seemed like a better day on the arthritis front.  I was moving around rather more easily and I even managed to open a new bottle of milk with my bare hands.  That might sound odd but over the last few weeks my hands have not been doing quite what they are meant to do and I have resorted to using a mole wrench to unscrew the top of new bottles.  But after I had collected the Old Bat from the garage where she had taken her car for servicing and the keep-your-fingers-crossed annual test, things had gone downhill quite drastically and I am now only just mobile.  Which is a bit of a bugger as I particularly wanted to be able to get about today.

It is now almost two months since I was last down the garden.  By the way, our garden slopes downhill quite steeply and also slopes downhill from right to left just to make things more interesting.  There is a steep bank about a third of the way down which I turned into a rockery many years ago.  Above and below the bank are lawns and flower borders.  I say "lawns" but the grass is now a foot high or more.  The bottom lawn is also covered with the dog's calling cards which I have been unable to clear up.  I have finally given way to a fellow Lion who has been badgering me to let him come and clear up the lawn and he is due to arrive at any time.  I hate the thought of me sitting indoors while he is doing such an unpleasant job in my garden, which is why I wanted to be more active today.  But beggars can't be choosers so I shall just have to put up with it.

~~~~~

Staying in France just a little longer, this bridge is where my car broke down earlier this year.  I had often wanted to take a picture of the view but would have preferred to go without!  And now I can't for the life of me remember the name of the viaduct.  It's on the A28 near Bernay, in case anyone is remotely interested, and the view is quite spectacular.


No comments: