Tuesday 10 July 2012

There's more...

(Which was the catchprase of an Irish comedian whose name escapes me.)

More trivia, I mean.  Today is the anniversary of the start of what Winston Churchill had forecast  - the Battle of Britain.  Good old Auntie has info on it here and here is Churchill's speech:


(Jimmy Cricket is the comedian's name.)

~~~~~

This evening I shall be visiting somewhere I have never been before - Herstmonceux Castle.  It is my turn on the Lions Club rota to provide transport for blind and partially-sighted people from Brighton to attend their monthly social club.  The activities arranged vary enormously; from ten-pin bowling to barbecues, from ghost story evenings to walks in the woods - or, as tonight, the Castle grounds.  Let's hope the weather is kind.

No comments: