Tuesday 14 June 2011

Wot, no inspiration?

I suppose I could lie to you and claim to have been sitting here, gazing at a blank screen for a couple of hours while waiting for the Muse to strike. But I haven't. I've hung out the washing, read the summary of an application to Brighton Lions for a grant, read a few other blogs and even checked what I was posting on this blog a year ago. Despite all that activity, and having given the matter considerable thought while walking the dog earlier, I am still no nearer a subject on which to pour my drivel.

Actually, it can be quite interesting to check back what I was writing last year. I had completely forgotten... No, I hadn't really forgotten, but it had slipped my mind that this time last year I was doing jury service. Oh, those bacon sandwiches at lunch time! My mouth is drooling at the memory of them.

One or two people have mentioned an amazing increase in the number of visitors to their blogs (according to Blogger's statistics). I rarely bother to look at them, but those other folks' comments have led me to do so. According to Blogger, there were 54 page views yesterday (although only 50 operating systems were recorded) but the flag counter widget says that the counter was viewed just 12 times yesterday. Now, the two systems have differing definitions of "yesterday", one being the immediate last 24 hours while the other is... something else, so one should accept that the figures may well not be the same. But for one to record 54 and the other just 12 visitors implies that something is going wrong somewhere. Mind you, it's not exactly all-important, is it?

No comments: