Monday 15 November 2010

City Daily Photo

I don't remember how I came across the group of bloggers that go to make up the team under the name City Daily Photo, but I'm glad that I did. The idea behind it is that a "member" (I use the term loosely as there are really neither rules nor sanctions) posts a picture of his/her home city or town on a daily basis. There are now hundreds of people doing that, or in some cases posting two or three pictures a week. Their photo blogs offer fascinating views of places I would never visit, and they are not just the standard tourist views one would find in guide books. Some of the photographers are very good, some are mediocre, and some are just not really up to the mark at all. I decided I would join this band of bloggers - goodness knows why! And so Fern's photo blog was born. As I rarely venture into the centre of town - and Fern never does - I decided to concentrate on the countryside and villages just out of Brighton. Hardly city photos, but others post pictures taken outside their cities so I reckon it's OK to base Fern's blog on Stanmer. I really joined up with my tongue very much in my cheek. I might be lucky occasionally and manage to take a picture worth publishing, but I am really just a fair amateur snapper rather than a photographer. All the same, I'm glad I did as nit has made me more aware of what is around me whenever I take Fern for a walk. It's surprising how little we see around us even though we claim to be looking.

Dare I suggest you try it?

3 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Who, me?

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I have been following the links in your sidebar. I have to say I enjoy them very much and even find them a tad bit inspirational.

Brighton Pensioner said...

Who, me?

Whenever the urge takes you...