Friday 15 October 2010

Cheers, Chile!

It is reported that as the Chilean miners were coming up, Chilean wine was going down. Down the throats of people in this country. In celebration of the good news coming from that part of the world? Could that be what pushed the sales of the country's sauvignon blanc up by 25% in one of our supermarket chains? Granted, Chile does produce some remarkably good sauvignon blanc, although in my opinion the best comes from New Zealand. Not that I drink very much of it. Much as I like sauvignon blanc, which is probably my favourite white wine, the price of the New Zealand product is too high for my taste. But to get back to Chile. Could that surge in sales be related to the rescue? Or was it simply because of the substantial discounts on Chilean wine this week?

And it turns out that boy I mentioned yesterday is a girl. Whoops! Too much vino on my part?

No comments: