Monday 17 May 2010

Is Blogger playing up?

I notice that there was a further comment added to yesterday's post some half an hour ago but I have yet to receive email notification. That is a little unusual as notification seems normally to be instantaneous. On the other hand, it might be my ISP delaying things as a fellow Lion was about to send me an email almost four hours ago and I haven't got that yet.

Another thing that I have only just spotted. The blogroll on some people's blogs is in ascending order of the most recent posting on the blogs so it changes as new posts are added to those blogs. (Does that make sense?) It doesn't happen on my blog so I assume it is built in to the template that blogger is using.

2 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

My guess is that it's your ISP and may have to do with the amount of bandwidth in use.
As for the blogroll listings, if I remember correctly, you can change how they appear in the settings. If you really want to mess with people's heads, change the settings about every third day. ;-)

Brighton Pensioner said...

It took an hour for that other comment to be notified to me - after a later one on the same blog and this one of yours!

As for the settings, I add or remove different widgets just for the hell of it.