Wednesday 12 May 2010

I wonder...

Ash before oak; we're in for a soak.
Oak before ash; 'twill be but a splash.

As far as I can tell, it's pretty much even Steven this year with both ash and oak coming into leaf at the same time. Meanwhile, back on the ranch, we are still having teething problems with our new boiler. The nanny state insists that new installations include a room thermostat on one wall but we have individual thermostats on every radiator. Despite the temperature control on the boiler being set at its maximum, the room stat being set at 25 C (77 Fahrenheit) and the radiator stat in the living room at its highest, the radiator is getting nowhere near as hot as it should - and the temperature is nowhere near 25! The bossman of the company which installed the boiler is coming round today to see what he can do. I'm not holding my breath.

At least I haven't paid them yet.

No comments: