Wednesday 5 August 2009

Will it or won't it?

The weather forecast was that we have rain late yesterday and that today would see almost continual rain. At least, I think that what was it was. But last night it changed. We would have no rain yesterday (and we didn't) but we would still have some on and off today. So far it has been off, and the temperature is several degrees higher than it has been for a couple of weeks. But can it last? Today we have our annual Lions barbecue, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Last year Bill managed to lay on a glorious pyrotechnic display as a thunderstorm swept across just to the south of his garden as we were packing up. It hit us as we were driving home and I recall that the rain was so heavy I very nearly had to pull up until it passed.

1 comment:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I am told that it rained here last Saturday night with a spectacular display and the accompanying sounds. Somehow Sharon and I missed it.