Wednesday 8 July 2009

The Duck Story

I've been sitting here, waiting patiently, hoping every day to read the Duck Story. Every morning I switch on the computer, scan my emails quickly in case the author might have preferred not to post it on his blog, then dart to both his blogs... And what have I got? A big ZERO, zilch, nada, nothing. Perhaps if I remind him?

"Where ducks are involved, anything can happen.
I would be happy to elaborate, but I'm not sure I can do justice to the story." (14 October 2008)

"
Someday I may actually be able to tell the story without making those involved appear to be nothing but pranksters. Maybe if I begin now it will be finished sometime next year." (16 October 2008)

Could this be the time? His readers live in hope.

2 comments:

Skip said...

Yes, well as soon as I contrive a proper beginning...

I mean it can't very well star with, "It was a dark and stormy night." Can it?

Brighton Pensioner said...

It was a dark and stormy night but, feeling the need of a breath of air, I opened the window and leaned out. As I did so, a duck flew past. Rather, a duck was blown past. The poor creature had been trying to return to the river but the wind was so strong that no matter how much it flapped its wings, it was being blown backwards.

There you - a start.