Wednesday 1 April 2009

Another fine day

and I cut the grass in the back garden this afternoon for the first time this year. The garlic seems to have taken this year, with all but two of the cloves sprouting. Much better than last year when they all rotted without even getting this far. Some of the parsnip seeds which didn't germinate last year are growing well now and somehow I shall have to try growing other crops round the new plants, which will be both tricky and a flaming nuisance. Still, it's all part of the fun of gardening.

The Lions Housing Society advertised for a new caretaker last Thursday. So far 47 people have written asking for an application pack! A sign of the times, perhaps.

I forgot to mention yesterday that while I was walking in the woods I watched a nuthatch climbing a tree. They are delightful little birds, not often seen. The last one I saw was in France. He hopped round the edge of one of the wooden tubs, tossing out the compost!

No comments: