Tuesday 3 March 2009

Spring didn't last long

- it feels like winter again today.

It is a week since I discovered the web site youwriteon.com and since I uploaded the first two chapters of "Lavenders Blue" there have been three reviews. The first was a rave, the second almost non-committal and the third only so-so. I do have to wonder, though. The second reviewer complimented me on my fluent French (half a dozen words only) and the third suggested I might like (and I quote, spelling and all) "too pair down" a section. If that is the standard of reviewing, I'm not sure that the site is really for me.

3 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

You haven't said that anyone has panned it. Nobody hates it. That sounds pretty good to me.

Brighton Pensioner said...

I can always rely on you to see the positive side.
But seriously: I could take a panning, although it would disappoint me, but when reviewers can't spell, what hope is there? And don't tell me that "pair down" is a fat finger error!

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I subscribe to the tenet that there has to be a pony in there somewhere.
Since it can't possibly be a fat finger error, maybe there's some irrational explanation.