Monday 21 December 2009

A good excuse

SWMBO has, for the past several years, decided that we would decorate the outside of the house for Christmas as well as the inside. This involves me balancing precariously on a ladder to hang icicle lights from the eaves (amongst other things). When I got the decorations out of the loft yesterday (for She to decorate the tree)I deliberately left behind the outside lights. Apart from the fact that the ground all around our house slopes in a most alarming manner, I didn't fancy trying to place a ladder securely on the ice. She kindly agreed that I could defer the decorating for a day or two. Then I reminded her that my son borrowed the ladder several weeks ago and he still has it.

I think I might have got out of that one for this year.

1 comment:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Good move.
I may still put up some outside decorations.