Friday 22 July 2016

The weeks fly by

I really shouldn't be surprised - although I am - to see that it is a week since I last got a round tuit. No, that's not right; it's only six days.  All the same, I find it astounding, horrifying or just plain worrying that for the past week I have been too busy with other crap business to find any time to cast my pearls of wisdom before the adoring hordes of swine.

Much of my busyness (and, indeed, my business also) arose from a relatively brief meeting to start planning the Lions fireworks display.

There I go again, giving you duff information.  The planning had really started several months ago, although that was little more than booking the venue.  Now we need to get down to the nitty gritty.  And guess what?  Some of the gritty landed on my plate.

So, I spent the next day producing an eye-catching poster and a pretty-pretty advert for use in magazines,

(and Blogger is refusing to allow me to upload either of them)

(But I seem to have got round that problem - except that I now have a message reading, "This page contains HTTP resources that may cause mixed content affecting security and user experience if the blog is viewed over HTTPS."
Oh well, hard cheese.)



Anyway, Before I could finish those off I had to arrange for a QR code.  That's the maze-like thingy that people can flash their phones at to be taken straight to our website.

But that led to another little job.



Anyone flashing at the QR code would be using a mobile phone - but our website was not mobile-friendly.  It took a day and a half to redesign the site but at least it looks a whole lot better now (even if I do say so myself).

(Before the poster or the advert can be used, I need to firm up a deal with the Dome box office, so I must go to see them next week some time.)

A few other (comparatively) minor bits and pieces, along with the usual domestic requirements, have taken up the whole of my time  But it all kept me out of mischief.

2 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I would venture that you could make taking an inventory of dust bunnies interesting enough to read all the way through.

Brighton Pensioner said...

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all week! (he says WHTFPIHC)