Tuesday 19 May 2015

Tatty Tuesday

This post is my own version of Sarah's Rubbish Tuesday posts which she picked up from somebody else...


Anyway, this is a photograph I took some years ago when walking the dog on the South Downs.  It's one of those pictures that I rather like, although I would have great difficulty in saying exactly what it is that I like about it.  I do like the rather washed out look of the colours and the bleached fence posts leaning at all angles.  they are probably rotting in the ground, and the rusty barbed wire hanging loosely between them hardly provides a barrier to livestock.  Not that any livestock have been kept in this field for as long as I can remember.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's a great photo PB. I haven't done any Rubbish Tuesday photos for a while (but if you wanted to link this one up then look for Rubbish by Roan) at the side of my blog. She also does a Good Fences link up (odd I know but this fits perfectly).

I love this too, I think it's the combination of soft colours with the harshness of the wire and wood against the background of sky and grass. It's the kind of photo that makes you want to look further and see what's over the horizon.