Thursday 28 July 2016

A world tour

A couple of days ago, Skip posted something about a driving route taking in all 48 contiguous states of the USA.  You check it out here if you like.  It reminded me that I have from time to time considered driving a world tour, but without leaving England!  I would visit:

  • Dunkirk and Gibraltar - both in Kent;
  • Holland - either in Surrey or Lincolnshire;
  • Waterloo in London;
  • Florence, Staffordshire.


I would then move further afield to:
  • Palestine (Hampshire);
  • Egypt - which is in Buckinghamshire.


Moving on still further, I would drop in on Bermuda (Warwickshire) before landing in North America and seeing:

  • Washington, New York and Philadelphie (all in Tyne and Wear);
  • Toronto, County Durham;
  • California, Norfolk;
  • Hollywood, Worcestershire.


I could scrape into Australia by going to Melbourne, Derbyshire.

If I was prepared to cross the border into Scotland, I might discover Moscow in Ayrshire.

Of course, the ultimate would be to end up in Paradise, Gloucestershire.

And by the way, Hell is not in England, it's in Norway.


No comments: