Wednesday 1 June 2016

There should be a law against it

Yesterday, the first day of the meteorological summer, I turned the heating on for an hour in the morning and wore a winter coat to walk the dog.  I think the temperature here in sunny Sussex might have peaked at about 12 or 13 degrees Celsius - but I understand that people in Glasgow - yes, Glasgow! - were sweltering under a scorching sun in a balmy 24 degrees.  What, I wonder, has Glasgow done to deserve such treatment?

Anyway, I decided to check back on the blog to the beginning of June last year.  And guess what?  This is what I posted on 2nd June 2015:
I walked the dog across the Downs in the afternoon, blown to kingdom come by the wind.  Most of the people I saw were wearing anoraks - and I almost wished I had dug out my gloves and scarf!  The car thermometer showed 11 degrees Celsius - low 50s Fahrenheit - and the wind chill factor would have reduced the "feel" by several degrees.
Plus ca change etc.

No comments: