Tuesday 18 November 2014

Time warp

I don't know quite what has happened today.  here we are, just before six o'clock, and I'm only just getting to grips with email and the blog round.  That's six o'clock in the evening, by the way.  I wasn't late getting up, well, not very late, but somehow there seems to have been no time to think.

For once, we have had a dry day.  No rain!  I'm probably mistaken, but there doesn't seem to have been a dry day for weeks.  Dry bits of days, perhaps, but not one of those crisp, autumn days with a brilliant blue sky.  We have been warned that there is a distinct possibility that 2014 will turn out to be the wettest year since records began.  Just when records began is something quite beyond my ken, but I suspect it was well before 2009.  The odd thing is that, although the early part of the year was very wet indeed with much flooding, the summer was great.  Perhaps this wet autumn is the pay off.  But at least it's not cold with temperatures usually maxing out at about 10 or 11, and not falling below freezing at night.

There was a bit of a treat when I opened the curtains this morning.  A bit of blue sky!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was a beautiful day yesterday but SO cold last night, we definitely had a frost here in Somerset!