Wednesday 12 November 2014

Feeling itchy

I don't mean that I'm constantly scratching, as though I have fleas, but there's something niggling away at me.  It's not that I'm bored - or not really - but I'm itching to DO something.  The trouble is, I don't know what!

It's not as though I have nothing to do.  I have plenty, but nothing that I have waiting to be done appeals to me.  I want something different.

As I said, it's not boredom as such; more a general lassitude, ennui.  And when that feeling hits, there really is only one answer; plug on at those things that should be done and wait for the feeling to pass.

That was this morning.  Since then I have crossed a number of 'things that should be done' off the list, either having done them or decided they didn't really need doing anyway.  I felt the better for that.  This afternoon's walk helped clear the cobwebs as well.  A fresh breeze blowing off the Channel, clear views across the splendid South Downs and out to sea, big splodges of blue amid the clouds - the perfect elixir.

No comments: