Now the word 'liebster' is German and translates as 'dearest' - but, no. I couldn't be that lucky. And in any case, what would the Old Bat say?
I did some further research and finally came to the conclusion that the award is, frankly, meaningless, simply a way of spreading alarm and despondency among the general blogger populace. What is does entail is that the awarder asks a number of questions of the awardee, questions which, it would appear, are intended to draw out embarrassing answers. Well, Sarah, I will answer your questions, but you might be a tad disappointed with the answers.
- What was the first ever comment on your blog - who was it from and how did it make you feel? It was so long ago that I don't actually remember it. I rather suspect it would have been from my Californian friend Skip.
- What's your favourite cake? Pretty much any cake except carrot. The doughnuts from our local bakery are to die for, as are the strawberry tartlets from my favourite patisserie in Pouancé.
- Do you have a friend who you would hate if you didn't love them so much? Love? Friends? Never!
- When did you last make and arse of yourself and how? No comment.
- Kittens or puppies - quick, QUICK you HAVE to choose!!! Puppies.
- Do you have an item of cleaning or cooking equipment that you don't know either what it's for or how to use? I don't have any items of cleaning or cooking equipment full stop. No, belay that! I do - it's called a wife and I don't have the foggiest idea how to use it.
- Have you ever cyber-stalked anyone - either someone famous (I haven't) or an ex (hmmm, maybe a little ...) or an ex's new partner (not guilty of that one either, he goes through them too fast to make it worthwhile) or someone that you used to go to school/work with (might have done that a little too ...). No.
- What's the weirdest injury you've ever sustained? I took the Scouts rock climbing and broke my ankle when I slipped in the mud at the foot of the rocks. Then there was the time a policeman broke my thumb when he trod on it...
- Have you ever accidentally sent a text/email etc to the wrong person? No that I'm aware of - but maybe that's why several of my friends no longer speak to me.
- Have you ever vlogged? If yes, what was it about? If no, would you ever? Vlogging? What that?