Monday 10 May 2010

Busy weekend

Maybe not the whole weekend, but I was in the park walking the dog early (for me) yesterday morning, then back there again by 9.45 to prepare for the Lilac Lark. Spent most of the afternoon on the shooting gallery which seemed to be a great success with the crowds. The weather could have been kinder to us - cloudy with a cold north-east wind - but the Lions treasurer rang me this morning to say we had done reasonably well financially. The park was cleared by 6.00pm, but I had forgotten to take down some of the notices in the woods, so after dinner I walked the dog again and removed them. It was by then impossible to tell that there had been anything happening that was different from the usual Sunday afternoon if one overlooked the few areas of flattened grass and the few tyre marks.

No comments: