Sunday 11 October 2009

An indulgence

For the last four years I have had a calendar produced using my own pictures. This really is something of an extravagance since we could get a calendar with better pictures at about a third of the price just by popping into W H Smith or Clinton Cards. But the layout of the one I have printed suits us very well as it allows for various reminders to be written against each day, unpleasant things like appointments with the dentist or more enjoyable engagements like having lunch with friends. And by using pictures that I have taken during the year before, we have a reminder of pleasant times hanging on the kitchen wall. I have to have a different picture for each month, and it can become quite difficult to find suitable pictures to use for some of the months - especially December, when Mrs S likes to see something to do with Christmas. And of course January should have a snow scene but rarely does. Anyway, today I must sort out a few of this year's photos for Mrs S to choose from. In this activity, I act as the nominator while Mrs S actually awards the Oscars!

No comments: