Saturday 3 January 2009

Christmas fare

We finished the Christmas pudding and mince pies yesterday. Well, I finished the pudding as Sheila doesn't eat it. The last of the brandy butter went with the mince pies. At lunch today we ate the last of the turkey and ham pie that Sheila had made with the remains of the Christmas meat. There's just the cake to finish off now. That will be down to me as Sheila only eats the marzipan and icing. I estimate that it will be gone by about next weekend as there is only a third of it left.

2 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it. [GRINS]
I'm the only one in the family who seems to like mince pie. So nobody here makes it any more. The cheesecake and pecan pie should be gone by Monday.

Brighton Pensioner said...

I'll try to keep going! It's a job that has to be done, and as you say, somebody's got to do it.