Monday 15 August 2016

Playing catch up

I haven't been around for a while, partly because I was, quite literally, not here for a week. Yep, another trip to la belle france, which went very well until I had a tyre blow on the way home.  Let me assure you, 300 miles on motorways at 50 mph gets b o r i n g.  We were even overtaken by a horse and cart!  Well, not really, but being passed by a convoy of articulated heavy goods vehicles can be quite scary.

Back home, there was trouble with the shower leaking through the kitchen ceiling.

Plumber the first: I'm 95% certain it's the drain.  Either remove the whole shower or cut a hole in the kitchen ceiling to get to it.  I'll have my mate call you.

I chased after 24 hours and gave up after 48.

Plumber number two: My mate will be with you Saturday morning.  Next week.

9 days?

Yes.
much?
To a letting agency I know.  Do you have a good plumber?

Of course.  I'll ring Sue in the office.

Sue:  He'll be with you between 1 and 3 tomorrow.

Next day, 12.40, unloading the shopping when the plumber apologises for being early. Twenty minutes later, job done.  How much?

Oh, forget it.

I'll you them another time.

2 comments:

joeh said...

Give me #3 please.

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Why can't they just say they don't want the job?