Monday 16 December 2013

Uh oh.

I spoke too soon.  Although Money seems to be running perfectly well on my computer using the Windows 8 system, other programmes that I thought were running are not.  WordPerfect, for instance, is less than perfect.  So much less, that I have uninstalled it.  This has been my word processing package of choice since before any computers came with Word pre-installed.  I did look to see if there is an updated version that will run on W8 - but not at that price, thank you very much!  I'll get to grips with Word.  Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?  I always swore that WordPerfect was the best for producing the monthly newsletter for the Lions Club but I've made a good start on the January issue using Word.

For spreadsheets, my original choice was Lotus 123.  And even when I started using Excel, I still found that Lotus was produced charts that were more to my satisfaction.  However, I have just tried out the version of Excel that I bought with the computer, and guess what?  It's as good as, or maybe even better than, Lotus!

It's beginning to seem that I will have to eat my words.

~~~~~

This is the tower of Pouancé church as seen from beside the cemetery gate.






No comments: