- The view across the valley when I open the bedroom curtains on a sunny morning.
- Catching a whiff of the scent of the daphne sitting in a jug on the kitchen table.
- The song of a skylark as I walk on the South Downs on a summer afternoon.
- Eating a bowl of rigatoni amatriciana at our local Italian restaurant.
- Lying snug under the duvet while the rain lashes down and the wind blows a hooley.
The view from the bedroom yesterday afternoon. Blue sky with snow is not that common in these parts.