Friday 1 February 2013

Your very good health, sir

Health has been high on my agenda these past week or three.  I think I may have mentioned the fact that three weeks ago I saw my consultant rheumatologist.  But did I also mention that a couple of days before that I saw one of the nurses at the doctors' practice where I am registered for her to take blood for testing?  Well, if I didn't mention it before, I have done now.  Then the following week I saw my dentist and then, two days later, my GP.  This week has seen a visit to the optician for my biannual check-up.  And out of all those visits, the only one that has cost me money was the one to the dentist.  I needed a crown and this appointment was to fit it, the previous appointment having been before Christmas.  I was pleased to hear the optician tell me that (a) I don't need a new pair of glasses - yet - and that my present four-years-old pair should for at least another year, and (b) there is no sign of glaucoma and nary a trace of a cataract.

So that, I hope, is it for a little while.  Oh, no, it's not.  I have to see the dental hygenist in a week or two.

~~~~~

It's not exactly the "happy hour" as known by some but I have very recently taken to playing CDs on the computer .  As I type I am listening to an album of traditional jazz by Mr Acker Bilk, he of Stranger on the Shore and Summer Set.

~~~~~

It was a fine afternoon so I took Fern into Stanmer Park and threw a tennis ball for her to chase, which she did for the better part of half an hour before she decided that enough was enough.  On the way home I diverted slightly in the hope of taking a picture of St Laurence church, Falmer, framed by trees and with the village pond in front.  Unfortunately, there were far too many vehicles parked alongside the pond and in front of the church for that - but I did get this shot.  I wonder if anyone has told the cormorant?


No comments: