Monday 1 October 2012

Eggstra! Eggstra! Read all abart it!

How do you like your eggs cooked?  I have vague memories of my father using that question as a sort of threat of punishment if we (my brother and I) carried on misbehaving.  That said, I don't have the foggiest idea what makes it a threat.  Could it have been a catch phrase on a radio show, I wonder?  What ever the answer, the question remains: how do you like your eggs cooked?

According to some new research, how one prefers one's eggs cooked reveals one's personality type and even the sort of job one does - and one's sex drive!  British Egg week starts today and this research was commissioned by the British Egg Industry Council.

So, what do the different cooking methods reveal?

Apparently those people who prefer their eggs poached are likely to have two children and no more than one sibling while they are more likely to be women than men.  They are outgoing, listen to upbeat music and are happier than other egg eaters.

Boiled egg eaters are disorganised and have a tendency to be careless and impulsive.

Those who prefer omelettes are self-disciplined and likely to have tidy homes while those who opt for scrambled eggs are more likely than other types to be found in managerial or senior level jobs.  They are guarded and likely to own their own homes.

Fried egg eaters are most likely to be younger and male and are most frequently found among the skilled working classes (whatever they are).  They also have a high sex drive.

So there you have it.

~~~~~

I picked a very few blackberries yesterday morning and that is nearly the end of those in our garden.   In Stanmer woods in the afternoon I failed to see a single one.  Perhaps that is just as well as according to country lore today is the day the Devil spits on them.

Today is also Old Folks' Day.  Yeehaw!  One for me!

~~~~~

We move well south today in our search for a château, south to the Massif Central, the volcanic mountains in the centre of France.  Here we find the village of Polignac with the château perched high above on an outcrop of basalt.


3 comments:

Buck said...

The egg study is pretty amusing. I wonder how they (the egg-spurts) categorize people who eat their eggs in all these different ways? I don't think I know anyone who always, without fail, has their eggs cooked the same way, every time.

In re: châteaux. I'm patiently waiting for Carcassonne, yanno?

Brighton Pensioner said...

Carcassonne? I'm afreaid you'll be disappointed, Buck. I've never been there.

Buck said...

I've never been there.

Well, dang. My parents took us kids there when I was nine or ten (c. '54 ~ '55) and I have only the haziest of memories. But you might can imagine the absolute thrill it was for a small boy to see an entire medieval town surrounded by battlements. We were there for a couple of days and the experience was absolutely brilliant.