Tuesday 25 September 2012

Now I wonder why that is?

For some years now I have been the editor of Jungle Jottings, the monthly newsletter of Brighton Lions Club, and yesterday I finished the October issue (which just happens to be the 100th under my editorship).  I say I'm the editor which rather implies I collect material from a lot of different people and decided what should be published and how the newsletter is to be laid out.  In fact, I am also the one and only full-time writer with just the occasional - very occasional - piece being contributed by somebody else.  Having completed the issue in my chosen word processing package (Wordperfect), I convert it to a pdf file and send by email to approximately 60 people, some of them members of Lions Clubs other than Brighton.  In fact, it is sent to California, Maryland, Oregon, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Brazil as well as England.  Now my ISP, through which I send and receive email, will not allow me to send one email to more than20 recipients, a means of cutting spam, so I have to send three emails.  using my contacts list I have three mailing lists and I insert the contents of each in turn into a different email as blind carbon copies.  But this month the draft email will not update with the third third mailing whether as blind addresses or as original addressees.  I have now sent the newsletter to some of the folks on that list individually but there are several who won't see my next masterpiece.

I wonder what will happen next month?

~~~~~

Yesterday we looked at Pouancé castle (I refuse to call it a château) from across the lake.  That is where people congregate for the Bastille Day fireworks display, the fireworks being set off in the castle.  Today we will go inside the castle and you can see just how much of a ruin it really is.



3 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Can you post a copy to the Brighton Lions Club website and then email a link?

Congratulations on the 100 issues. you do a magnificent job.

Brighton Pensioner said...

It is on the web site but the problem is not attaching it to an eamial. I can't get the addressees onto the draft.

Anonymous said...

Ιf you ωould like to obtain a good ԁеаl
frоm thіs poѕt then you havе tο apply such stratеgies
tο yοuг ωon blοg.
Look into my website :: get more youtube views for free