Sunday 10 April 2011

I will not be there

Today sees the second Brighton marathon. I won't even be spectating let alone running. I was highly dubious when it was announced that the first marathon would be run in the city last year as it meant that many of the roads in the city centre would be closed for at least part of the day thereby causing enormous complications for residents and visitors alike. I know one lady who is confined to a wheelchair who was unable to use her car at all last year and I assume the same applies today. But it seemed to be a great success last year and I hope it will be again today. This video shows the whole of the route in super-quick time.



I shall be trying to get across town for my grandson's birthday lunch, then back again to collect Fern before leaving for Birmingham (Sutton Coldfield actually) to visit my daughter for a couple of days. Don't worry - I won't leave you completely bereft of fascinating stuff.

No comments: