Thursday 7 April 2011

Does there have to be a title?

Another glorious spring day yesterday and the same again today. I see in the paper that this weather is supposed to continue over the weekend as well. It was very pleasant over the Downs yesterday afternoon when I took Fern for a walk and afterwards I spent a little while in the garden. Sowed the first row of peas and planted garlic. I'm not sure if this garlic is the sort that should be planted in autumn or spring, but some of the cloves had started sprouting so I'm hopeful that this year we shall get a crop - unlike last year when it all rotted.

Last night I was out for the fourth time in five evenings, this time a Lions dinner meeting. There was a magnificent sunset but from outside the hotel in Rottingdean where the meeting was held, the sun was behind the cliffs. The jetty just visible is part of Brighton marina.

3 comments:

The Broad said...

Mmmm. What a pretty sight!

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I'll second that.




V word = etsyno
I wonder if that's a message?

Brighton Pensioner said...

I did straighten the horizon in Photoshop but the colours are as was.

etsyno - every Thursday somebody yells, 'Not out!'