Tuesday 30 November 2010

Success!

Please meet Peppa Pig and her classmates. This is top of the granddaughter's wish list for Christmas. I have just checked out our local stockists through their web site and find they have two in stock, so I have reserved one for collection later today when I take the Old Bat shopping. She would normally go on her own while I take the dog out this afternoon but we had a light covering of snow overnight and my arm will be welcomed for support.

I might have succeeded as far as granddaughter is concerned, and the OB has already bought No 1 grandson a series of books (he is a good reader), but No 2 grandson might be a bit more of a problem. His birthday falls towards the end of November and he dearly wanted a candyfloss machine. Unfortunately, the only stockist we could find is a nationwide chain of catalogue shops (the same one that sells Peppa Pig) and none of the branches within 20 miles, nor the home delivery option, had one in stock for his birthday. They still don't, so it's back to the drawing board again for him.

No comments: