Sunday 27 December 2009

When I get around to it


I sometimes think that procrastination must be my middle name. It seems ridiculous that now I am retired I just don't manage to finish those little jobs I set myself. OK, none of them are of life and death importance, but I really should discipline myself to finishing one before starting another. Two that I have on the go at the moment are the scanning of my collection of 35mm slides - a rather bigger job than I had first realised - and the remounting of my grandfather's and my father's medals. It is more than four years since they came into my possession and, very soon after that, I bought new ribbons for them. The intention was to give the medals bright new ribbons and then mount them in a frame, possibly with photographs of my grandfather and father. This picture shows how far I have got in those four years. Not something of which I am particularly proud.


(My grandfather's medals on the right are the 1914-15 Star, the British War Medal (WWI), the 1918 Victory Medal and the Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. My father had the 1939-45 Star, the Atlantic, Africa and Pacific Stars, the Victory Medal and the LS & GC Medal.)

3 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Sharon just suggested that I provide you with a tuit... a round one.

Brighton Pensioner said...

I think I'll just keep quiet in case I land myself in it.

Brighton Pensioner said...

No, I mustn't be so churlish.

Skip, please assure Sharon that we have no need to import tuits as there are plenty made locally. However, her generous thought is much appreciated, even if it was only a thought and it was up to you to act on it.