Friday 14 November 2008

The name of the game at the moment is frustration.

When we are away I suffer no withdrawal symptoms as a result of not being able to access my email, but it's amazing just how much I rely on it when I am at home. Yesterday I logged on, only to receive a message that said Orange (my internet service provider) email was unavailable due to some updates that were being made to the service. It was expected to resume at 3.00pm. I was anxious to send an email so checked again at 3.00 and then again at 5.00pm, only to find it was still unavailable. I rang the service line and waited in a queue for over twelve minutes before giving up - luckily I had a non-geographic landline number so I was not charged for the call. This morning I tried logging on again, only to get a message that the changes were "taking slightly longer than anticipated" and thanking me for my patience. "Slightly longer"? 18 hours is only "slightly longer"? If this goes on much longer I shall have to find some alternative way of making email contact.

2 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

I can't resist:

Orange you sorry that you selected that particular ISP?

Brighton Pensioner said...

I'm not sure that comment deserves the dignity of a response!

Actually, I didn't select Orange - they selected me. I was originally with Freeserve, but they sold out to Wanadoo, who sold out to Orange... which just goes to show how important Orange think I am!!