Tuesday 7 June 2011

The new television - a year on

Having been inspired by my friend Skip to see what I posted a year ago, I see that it was about buying a new television. A few days later I reported that I had bought one - here it is. So, if you have bothered to see what I wrote than, you will be aware that the new set was unable to receive any of the digital channels I was hoping for and could, in fact, barely receive any of the analogue channels. (You see, you really didn't need to look at either of those old posts.) What I think I omitted to do was bring the story up to date.

In the end, I decided to bite the bullet and call in an expert. He erected an aerial on the roof and lo and behold! we can now watch all those Freeview channels. But I still haven't cancelled my cable subscription. You see, if I want to record a programme from one of the digital channels, I have to do it through the cable. Recording through the aerial only works for the analogue channels. Perhaps next year.

2 comments:

(not necessarily your) Uncle Skip said...

Now there's real irony.
My post was due to a lack of inspiration... and I got it wrong!

#1Nana said...

TV is just way too complicated now. I find myself longing for the days that my VCR blinked 12:00, 12:00, 12:00. All those channels and very little of any worth to watch, but I watch it anyway. I need a 12 step program to break my addiction.