Sunday 7 November 2010

All went well

Skip's incantation on Friday worked: the low cloud lifted a bit and the drizzle stopped. Even the heavy rain expected at about 8.30pm failed to materialise. The fireworks were brilliant (as always) and one lady told me as she left that it was the best show she had seen. It was the annual Brighton Lions fireworks display. Takings on the night were down on last year by a third, but we understand that advance sales by the cricket club were well up so we hope that the overall takings won't be too far below last year's record figure. It will be a couple of months before we know the final outcome - the finance department at the cricket club is working on its year-end figures which rather take priority - but we are hoping for a profit of £30,000 to be shared between the cricket club and the Lions.

Since then I have completed the challenge I set myself and redesigned the web site for Les Lavandes, out holiday home in France. I hope I have made it more attractive than the previous one. I will be happy to listen to constructive criticism (well, read rather than listen) but I don't promise to take action on any. You will find the site here.