Monday, 9 March 2009
Four years ago, the Fat Duck restaurant in Bray was voted the best in the world. Almost two weeks ago it closed (temporarily) after 40 customers complained of food poisoning. That number has now risen to over 400. None of the tests carried out so far have identified the source, but I'm sure if I had eaten snail porridge with joselito ham, parsnip cereal and nitro-scrambled egg and bacon ice cream with pain perdu and tea jelly, I would be feeling a little queasy. Especially if I had paid £98 for a three course meal, without wine, plus service charge of 12.5%!