Thursday 1 January 2009

Good luck, bruv

My brother goes into Truro hospital this afternoon in preparation for a hip-replacement operation tomorrow. This, we hope, will bring an end to the problems he has been suffering since November 2007 when he fell while walking the dogs and broke his pelvis. The fall was in woodland quite near to their bungalow, but not easily accessible by vehicle and it took the crews of two ambulances to remove him.

Meanwhile, I have been holding a little competition amongst myself to select the winner of the Photo of the Year contest, 2008. As the only photographer allowed to enter this contest, I stand a pretty good chance of coming in the top three. There were three or four pictures that made the short-list, which was whittled down to two.

There was this view of houses in Ribeauville, Alsace, France:


and then a view of Langdale in the English Lake District:


I'm still dithering about which of them I prefer.

No comments: